The NYE RENTAL HOME & property history
The Nye Ranch is the perfect setting for group or family retreats, and intimate weddings. It is a comfortable home for a large family gathering and wonderful for all ages, babies through great grandparents. We have also updated the entire interior of the house. Our 100 yr old fir floors have a new life!! The Nye Ranch is a highly scenic, special place that you will never forget. It's truly magical.
- A private beach is directly in front of the property. 1
- 100 year old, fenced 6-acre ocean view property on the California coast and was originally a 100-acre dairy farm.
- There is a private flat path to the beach.
- dogs are welcome and require a small fee.
- There are llamas on the property.
The home is tastefully furnished with antiques, and decorated with art by local artists; giving it a warm, lived in, but up to date modern feel. We, the Burns & Kelly family, have owned the Nye Ranch for 15 years and do our best to retain the original feel of the ranch.
- The redwood house was built by the Nye & Johnson family in approx 1905.
- The barn dates back to 1890.
- It was the Gillespie Quality Dairy in the 40s and the Gillespie family has been kind enough to share some of their remarkable history with us. Their father built the original shack at McKerricher State Park where one of the Gillespie boys was born when McKerricher was part of the ranch.
You can view whales, and an extraordinary variety of birds, deer, and other wildlife, from the private ocean view deck.
- Immediately fronting the property is an oceanfront pedestrian road where you can walk, jog, or bike for miles (no cars). It is open all the way into the town of Fort Bragg. The 'haul' road (as it is called) is fabulous for family bike rides or peaceful seaside walks. MacKerricher State Park is an easy walk or bike ride, 1/2 mile north.
- The town of Fort Bragg is 2 miles south.
The Nye Ranch was used as a location in the feature length film The Calm at The Edge of the Sea and in the short film Hallelujah.
- It has hosted movie making crews, musical recording artists, screenwriters, nurses, yoga retreats, various women's and men's groups, diving and kayaking groups, small weddings, as well as family get togethers and reunions of all sorts.
- The property is wonderfully suited for group retreats as there is plenty of space to spread out and enjoy family and friends, while still being able to escape and find solitude, serenity, and peace of mind in your own private space. It's the perfect getaway!!
VRBO & HomeAway now charge a service fee of approximately 10% to renters... that is above and beyond our fee.
Book direct to save on that fee.
Do not pay through Western Union or with untraceable money orders as there are frauds scamming rental properties. Our calendar is not always up to date as people rearrange their arrivals and departures and we try our best to accommodate their requests. Please write to us for available dates. Texting is the quickest way to get a response. 530 519 5050 Thenyeranch@gmail.com
2 miles north of town.
Beach directly in front of property
Biking/walking road to town and to MacKerricher State Park
Organic vegetable and flower farm adjacent to home
hd television + dvd + roku
Outside fire pit.
The living area
The house sleeps 16, has 2 stories with 4 bedrooms, a den, a loft, and a garden room. There is no handicap access but there are 2 bedrooms and a bathroom on the ground floor. Please watch the videos to get a good idea of the layout of the house and the property.
Bedroom 1: Double bed
Bedroom 2: Queen bed
Bedroom 3: Double bed
Bedroom 4: Queen bed
Office area: 2 twins
Loft: 4 twins
Garden room: 2 twins